Second Disk Controller in an IBM AT clone

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Fri Jul 1 10:27:47 AEST 1988

In article <6895 at cup.portal.com>, walt_waldo_novinger at cup.portal.com writes:
> I, too, would like to add a second *floppy* controller to my 286 clone.
> I have four floppy-type devices (1.2MB, 360K, 3.5" 720K, and tape) which
> I would like to have on-line simultaneously.

You should be able to install a 4 floppy controller and a separate
winchester controller.  At least I hope so as I have them on order.
Western digital makes them.  The numbers are WD1002-FOX-FOO4 for
the 4-floppy controller and WD1003WAH for an MFM winchester controller.
The WD1006-WAH is another choice which offers 1:1 interleave

--
Phil    uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl