LOGITECH Bus Mouse & DOSMERGE??

Rick Wargo rickers at drexel.UUCP
Fri Jul 8 01:27:56 AEST 1988

In article <720 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>My Logitech Bus mouse seems to work OK when I boot my 386 from a DOS
>floppy, but when I invoke MOUSE.CM from within DOSMERGE, the Logitech
>info box is displayed and then the system is hung.  Is this mouse
>incompatible with MERGE?  Is there something I can do to make them work
>together?

I too have the same problem, although I have only crashed the system once.
I am running Microport SysV/386 with DOS Merge 386 1.0.  I have also had the
mouse function properly once, and that was after I booted DOS, loaded the mouse
driver and used the mouse, and then rebooted UNIX and dos'sed into Merge 386
and Wala - it worked.  But when I quit and tried to `dos' again....nope.
I get random movements on the screen sometimes (using the PT editor), that
is when I am able to get the mouse driver to load (using mouse.com).
Once, trying `dos +afega' I obtained a spectacular crash.  I guess it went
into EGA mode and scribble gibberish on the screen, and the UNIX stopped
functioning.  I've tried using MODE COM1:...  and
sleep < /dev/tty00 & ; stty 2400 ... < /dev/tty00  and still can't get it
to work.  Does anyone have any ideas???.   Thanks In Advance.

							Rickers
							..!drexel!rickers