LOGITECH Bus Mouse & DOSMERGE??

Lindsay Cleveland lindsay at dscatl.UUCP
Thu Jul 7 23:51:44 AEST 1988

In article <720 at mccc.UUCP>, pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:

> My Logitech Bus mouse seems to work OK when I boot my 386 from a DOS
> floppy, but when I invoke MOUSE.CM from within DOSMERGE, the Logitech
> info box is displayed and then the system is hung.  Is this mouse
> incompatible with MERGE?  Is there something I can do to make them work
> together?

It sounds like UNIX is waiting for an interrupt from the mouse driver
circuit card.

You didn't mention...what interrupt line is your mouse set for?
Is it the same as one of the other cards in your 386?  (If
so...interrupt handler gets confused.)  Is it a
value beyond that of the standard "/system5" kernel?  If so, did
you create a new kernel (using linkkit) to handle the higher value?

A bit more information might help.

Cheers,
  Lindsay

Lindsay Cleveland         Digital Systems Co.   Atlanta, Ga
  gatech!dscatl!lindsay     (404) 497-1902
                         (U.S. Mail:  PO Box 1140, Duluth, GA  30136)