Microport 386 system administration

pri=-10 Stuart Lynne sl at van-bc.UUCP
Sat Jun 11 06:26:36 AEST 1988

In article <1092 at bellboy.UUCP> hack at bellboy.UUCP (Greg Hackney) writes:

>Could anyone help with a couple of questions I have
>on Microport 386....

>1. The system is set up to autoboot. If there is a power failure,
>   the system boots to a point, then asks if I want to save a
>   core image. Where do I disable that so it will boot all the
>   way by itself?

I havn't got Microport up right now or I'd check the exact details, but if
you scrummage around in /etc, with special attention to the system
initialization scripts you should see where it's calling the program to do
this check. As I remember you can simply comment it out.

If memory serves it's called check something, possibly checkboot. Anyhow a
few echo message's in appropriate spots should help you find it. Good
hunting.

--
Stuart.Lynne at wimsey.bc.ca {ubc-cs,uunet}!van-bc!sl     Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532