Microport 386 system administration

Greg Hackney hack at bellboy.UUCP
Thu Jun 9 10:53:10 AEST 1988

Could anyone help with a couple of questions I have
on Microport 386....

1. The system is set up to autoboot. If there is a power failure,
   the system boots to a point, then asks if I want to save a
   core image. Where do I disable that so it will boot all the
   way by itself?

2. Upon repowering the system, there is the prompt "boot:". If
   nothing is typed, it times out and autoboots. If I hit a return
   or type /unix it boots all the way to multiuser. All this is
   normal and great. But is there something I can type to make it
   just boot to single user mode?

3. If I log in with the system console, all characters beyond 80
   columns are truncated. Is there a way to change it from NOAUTOWRAP
   to AUTOWRAP? It is an IBM monochrome monitor and Hercules adapter.

Thanks in advance.