Bell Tech Pricing

martin martin at littlei.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 09:10:46 AEST 1988

With all the discussion recently about unix for 386 flavorings I decided
to do some price getting.  Bell Tech has been advertising Unix in almost
all of the Unix trade rags.  The add says "UNIX for as low as $145".  After
hearing about the price hikes for Microport and other vendors, it sounded
cheap.  I called the folks up and asked them how much for just a software
distribution (not the X package or additional non-v.3.? packages).  They
told me $235.  I asked them what I could get for the advertised price of
$145 and they said "Just the AT&T license".  Well that does alot of good!
I can't insert the license into the PC and boot it... (humor).  Currently
they are only shipping v.3.0 with 3.1 due out at the end of July.

I thought that I would pass this on to fellow netters.

---- These are the thoughts of myself no my employer ----

 ______  __.  __  /  o ____    |  textronix!reed!littlei!zeus:martin