/dev/dos/C -- link to what?

Steve Benz mrspock at hubcap.UUCP
Mon Jun 20 00:50:10 AEST 1988

I have a PC-designs ET286i, with a Bell Technologies (really Toshiba)
72M disk.  The disk is rather unimaginatively partitioned, partition 1
is the DOS partition, 2 is the Unix partition.  I'm running uPort 2.2.2.

Several months ago, my hard drive went south and had to be replaced.
Before that time, I had /dev/dos/C linked to something, and by golly,
dosdir & so forth worked as advertised.

When I re-installed on my replacement hard drive (thanks to the good
people at the Bell Tech.) I couldn't, and still can't get /dev/dos/C
linked to the right thing.  (/dev/dos/A and /dev/dos/B work just great.)

I've tried linking /dev/dos/C to /dev/dsk/0s5, /dev/dsk/0s6, and
/dev/dsk/0s7.  None of the others look like the right thing at all.
When I try to do my dosdir, or whatever, it just hangs, with no blinking
from the hard disk light whatsoever.

If anybody wants to offer a possible solution, I'd sure appreciate
it!
				- Steve Benz