uport problems with large files?

rsj at wa4mei.UUCP rsj at wa4mei.UUCP
Sat Jun 4 00:42:15 AEST 1988

In article <1878 at netmbx.UUCP> felix at netmbx.UUCP (Felix Gaehtgens) writes:
>I've had problems when trying to write a file larger than 1.2 Mb to /usr
>with uport version 2.3. there was enough space, but he didn't seem to like
>files bigger than 1228800 bytes. anybody else had this problems? any solu-
>tions? or am i just making a stupid mistake?

There are two ways to get around this problem. The temporary fix is to use
the command 'ulimit xxxx' and set the ulimit larger, but this only will work
for root. A permanent way is to use /etc/patch and change it in the kernal.
To do this you need to be logged on as root and execute the command:
	/etc/patch /system5 ulpatch 10000
You will then need to reboot the system.  The default ulimit is set somewhere
around 2500 blocks (1.2M). You can find info on doing this in the release notes
that came with your software.

--
Randy Jarrett  WA4MEI
uucp  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,rutgers,seismo}!gatech!emcard!wa4mei!rsj