Upgrade to 2.3.1 (I am terrified)

Mark Zenier markz at ssc.UUCP
Sat Jun 11 07:49:46 AEST 1988

In article <183 at focsys.UUCP>, larry at focsys.UUCP (Larry Williamson) writes:

> I received Microport's 2.3.1 on monday.  The improvements over 2.3.0
> seem minimal, but some will be nice. ...
> My greatest fear and the reason I've procrastinated installing 2.3.1
> so far is that the install is going to overwrite all kinds of system
> files that I have modified for our site.
> It's the ones that I've forgotten about that bother me. ...

Run "find / -newer (some file created during your last upgrade) ... " and
back up the list with the utility of your choice.  Better yet make at
least two backups of the whole world.  (Since I'm going to repartition
my hard disk, I'll have to do it anyway.)

Did they fix 1) the 720k floppy bug?
	2) The software floating point crash the operating system when
		you just want to print a number bug?  aka floating point
		arrays and the type D trap.
	3) the obsolete lint files?

Mark Zenier		Holder of the Cliff Claven chair at the school of
uunet!pilchuck!ssc!markz		Unsubstantiated Opinion