GNU EMACS on Microport?

Ken ken at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Fri Jun 17 23:17:56 AEST 1988

First off, I'm rather new to unix, so I aplogize for any stupid
questions...  :-)

I'm running a Zenith Z-386 and am considering purchasing Microport
unix for it.  One of the many reasons why I want to do this is so I
may run GNU EMACS 18.51 on my machine.  Now, I've been using EMACSen
for years, and am pretty familiar with it.  I currently use GNU EMACS
on several of our machines here at Lehigh.  But, I haven't seen any
discussions here on getting it to run under Microport.  Has anyone
tried this?  Was it merely a matter of recompiling?  Will I hate
myself for even mentioning it?  :-)  Any help or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ken van Wyk
Lehigh University