GNU EMACS on Microport?

Burt Janz bhj at bhjat.UUCP
Mon Jun 20 12:13:38 AEST 1988

I brought up GNU Emacs 18.50 about 2 months ago, and upgraded it to 18.51
when the diffs appeared.  Some minor changes were needed to some of the
code because of S/386's inability to do "char" math (see their release
notes), a new m_ and s_ file pair needed to be created, and the keyboard
mapping needed to be done.  I intend to keep GNU up to the current revision
level at this site, and to port over the GNU as, cc, c++, and other utilities
as they become available for the 386.

For those with the Everex Stream-60 tape drive (or a QIC-36 format drive),
I'll dupe you a copy of the source kit directory for the latest GNU Emacs.
Of course, you supply the tape (preferably a new one... I don't want to gunk
up my heads..) and sufficient reverse postage for this.  No charge for
the copying.  After all, GNU means "free", ergo I won't charge.

I have NO INTENTION of doing this for floppies.  The source kit is around
17000 blocks big, and I'm not in the business of floppy distribution.  Tape
is another matter... I shove it in and start it up and forget it...

Burt Janz
..decvax!bhjat!bhj