MicroPort Unix V/AT

John Spicer jhs at actnyc.UUCP
Thu Mar 3 03:06:39 AEST 1988

In article <2495 at ihuxv.ATT.COM>, bareta at ihuxv.ATT.COM (Benyukhis) writes:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I desperately need help with installing the System V/AT
> DosMerge on my PC's Limited 286 machine.  It seems to blow up
> at the later stages in the installation.  After the Dos Image is or
> may be is being created it cannot boot of of the hard drive.  I followed
> the installation manual to the letter twice and could not get the
> install to complete.  Is it a disk, drive controller?

I have a PC's Limited 286/8 running Dosmerge.  You may need to get a bios
upgrade and a keyboard controller upgrade.  I used to have the revision numbers
that you need - but I can't find them right now.

If you call Microport, they can tell you what you need to run Dosmerge on your
system.  Then call PC's Limited and say "I need the bios upgrade version xxx
and the keyboard controller upgrade version xxx so that I can run Microport
Dosmerge".  When I did this, they sent me the upgrade at no cost.

With the upgrades, I had no difficulty running Dosmerge.

If you already have the correct versions of the bios and keyboard controller,
then -- I don't know what's wrong.

John Spicer
InterACT Corporation
uunet!actnyc!jhs