Info needed: UNIX for 286/386 machines (really malloc)

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Mon Mar 7 23:55:54 AEST 1988

In article <165 at bdt.UUCP>, david at bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) writes:
> Now that I know "standard" UUCP, how hard is it to learn, and setup HDB UUCP?

I would say that h+d uucp is just as easy ("hard"?) to set up as stock uucp.
In fact, its somewhat less frustrating.  I don't know about the rest of the
world, but after administrating experience with 6 machines, i have had day-time
nightmares concerning the "evil USERFILE".  Quite a few of my networking
problems went away after upgrading to h+d.  Principally, i don't have to spend
a lot of my time baby-sitting the connections, lest my disk runneth over (like
a babbling brook) from all the files sitting around waiting for the brain
damaged stock uucp to send them.  (it gets into wedged wait states fairly
easily, you see)

Anyway -- to summarize (and to cut myself off, mercifully) i think the change
over to h+d is well worth the time.

--
Derek Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG	uunet!rosevax!elric!hawkmoon!det