C-Kermit

Charles Hedrick hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu
Mon Mar 21 19:02:37 AEST 1988

To use kermit with the other end in server mode, you operate as
follows:
   kermit
   [whatever dial and connect things you need to make the connection.
    In my case I just do "c" and then type commands directly to the
    modem.  You'll need at least a command to tell it what line to
    use, e.g. "set line /dev/tty0" and speed setting, e.g. "set speed 2400"]
   [now talking to the other end]
   kermit
   server
   ^]c
   [now talking to your kermit]
   "get" and "send" commands as appropriate
   fin
   [now talking to the other end's kermit]
   quit [from other end's kermit]
   [now talking to other end's shell]
   logout
   ^]c
   quit

I think the command you were missing is "fin", which tells the other
end to exit from server mode.