Maximum process size on 2.3

Michael J. Young mjy at sdti.UUCP
Fri Mar 11 01:15:00 AEST 1988

In article <524 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:

>    I understand that Microport 2.3 (and earlier) has a maximum process
>size of 1MB. I tried running pathalias on the world and this exceeds
>this limit. So I run that maps on North America only for now. Is this
>something thats changable in the linkkit ?  I see Microport has a special
>kernel available upon request. Whats the story ?

I haven't talked to Microport directly about this, but someone I know
said he called requesting the 2.3 kernel with 5MB process limit, and they
said it wasn't available yet.  They didn't sound like they were in any
hurry to provide it, either;  they said he was the first person to request
it.

Assuming you do get the special kernel, you have to be willing to give up
20000 blocks for swap space.  I couldn't afford that, so I'm still stuck
with a North America map.
--
Mike Young - Software Development Technologies, Inc., Sudbury MA 01776
UUCP     : {decvax,harvard,linus,mit-eddie}!necntc!necis!mrst!sdti!mjy