uport drive bug?

Michael J. Young mjy at sdti.UUCP
Wed Mar 9 04:05:00 AEST 1988

In article <415 at splut.UUCP> jay at splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) writes:
>BTW, has anyone tried making a new floppy-rooted kernel to replace the
>(apparently) bad one supplied on the 2.3.0-L boot floppy? Is the unlimited
>one bad, too?

What's wrong with the boot floppy kernel?  I had no problems with it -- of
course, I switched to the large kernel shortly after installation :-).
If you received a bad boot floppy, call Microport.  My 2.3 upgrade contained
a bad floppy (couldn't read the kernel), and they were very helpful.
They sent out a new floppy, which I received within 3 days.  In the meantime,
they gave me tips on how to install the upgrade without a working boot
floppy.  I thought technical support was both knowledgeable and helpful.
--
Mike Young - Software Development Technologies, Inc., Sudbury MA 01776
UUCP     : {decvax,harvard,linus,mit-eddie}!necntc!necis!mrst!sdti!mjy