uport drive bug?

Jay Maynard jay at splut.UUCP
Sun Mar 6 13:07:38 AEST 1988

I, too, get the wn io errors. (In fact, that was the subject of a memorable
flame I posted a few months ago.) I'm running an ST4051 and an ST251, with
the root file system on /dev/dsk/0s0, the /usr file system on /dev/dsk/1s2,
and a 1 MB ramdisk on /tmp. The ramdisk has greatly reduced my i/o errors.
This is on an Everex 1800A, with the standard Everex disk controller. I have
a WD1003 sitting here...maybe I oughtta try that, too.
BTW, has anyone tried making a new floppy-rooted kernel to replace the
(apparently) bad one supplied on the 2.3.0-L boot floppy? Is the unlimited
one bad, too?

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | GEnie: JAYMAYNARD  CI$: 71036,1603
uucp: {uunet!nuchat,academ!uhnix1,{ihnp4,bellcore,killer}!tness1}!splut!jay