HDB UUCP on System V/AT

Bill Holliker billh at spec0.UUCP
Tue May 24 05:28:27 AEST 1988

I bought HDB UUCP and, yes, it does include uugetty (although
I don't spawn it).  HDB seems to work better than the distributed
uucp for networking tasks (uucico).  However, Microport
did not include an updated version of cu, so you still have
to have all the L.sys, L-devices, L-dialers, dialinfo, etc.
files in /usr/lib/uucp if you want to use cu.

I have spoken with Microport a couple of times on this and
have not gotten an answer.  The first time was at Uniforum in
Dallas, so I know they got the message, and the second was
a couple of weeks ago, and still no answer.

Maybe they will see this posting and fix cu - other than that,
I recommend the upgrade for the cost ($15.00, I think).