System V/AT v2.4 Impressions and Bug Report

Gray Abbott gda at creare.UUCP
Fri Nov 4 04:39:23 AEST 1988

In article <127 at tree.UUCP> stever at tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) writes:
>By the way, I've repeatedly suggested to both John Sully and John Plocher
>that a Microport quarterly newsletter might perform wonders from a public
>relations standpoint.

I agree that a newsletter could be very useful.  If Microport doesn't
want to do it, why not do it as an independent user group?  You could
still fund it through advertising, or membership fees, and Microport
wouldn't need to question whether it was worth their time.  They would
probably be willing to distribute membership applications with product
distributions (especially if the group was non-profit) and could also
steer third party software and hardware vendors to the group as potential
advertisers.  If there's enough interest, I'd be willing to help run
such a group (note: I don't know anything about putting out a newsletter).