Question about Make

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Fri Nov 11 15:14:49 AEST 1988

In article <327 at sdti.UUCP> mjy at sdti.UUCP (0006-Michael J. Young) writes:
>Yup, turns out that was my problem as well.  I've been running ksh for
>a while now.  I thought just setting SHELL=/bin/sh and maybe invoking
>/bin/sh as a subshell would do the trick, but it didn't.  When I change
>my login shell to /bin/sh, make works fine.

No need to change your login shell, just
	$ sh
	$ unset <offending variable name>
	$ SHELL=/bin/sh; export SHELL
	$ exec make <any args you need>

Obviously, you can wrap make with a suitable shell script that does the same.

--
Rick Richardson | JetRoff "di"-troff to LaserJet Postprocessor|uunet!pcrat!dry2
PC Research,Inc.| Mail: uunet!pcrat!jetroff; For anon uucp do:|for Dhrystone 2