Question about Make

Michael J. Young mjy at sdti.UUCP
Thu Nov 10 01:12:50 AEST 1988

In article <927 at vsi.COM> friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
>> > Whenever I try to run 'make' on a makefile that contains nested
>> > 'make' commands, I get a core dump.  Has anyone else observed this
>> > behavior?

>     We had the second problem too, and tracked down to a bug in
>make that was triggered by Aspen ksh.  ksh exports the _
>environment variable, and when make is looking at the env for
>variables, it croaks on the non-alphanum character.

Yup, turns out that was my problem as well.  I've been running ksh for
a while now.  I thought just setting SHELL=/bin/sh and maybe invoking
/bin/sh as a subshell would do the trick, but it didn't.  When I change
my login shell to /bin/sh, make works fine.

Will Microport be supplying a fixed make on  the bbs anytime soon?
Please?
--
Mike Young
Software Development Technologies, Inc., Sudbury MA       Tel: +1 508 443 5779