Miscellaneous questions re: Microport V/AT 2.4

Eric Schnoebelen egs at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Tue Nov 22 04:55:35 AEST 1988

In article <152 at tree.UUCP> stever at tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) writes:
>I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.4 about a month ago and I'm very happy with my
> system.
	I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4, and I am happy also, but I was
fairly happy before..
>(4) It was my understanding that 2.4 was going to include *both* the standard"
>uucp and Honey-DanBer uucp. [...]  Prior to the 2.4 upgrade I attempted
>to download Honey-DanBer from the Microport BBS but (a)  [...]
>(b) when I finally got the source uncompressed
>I discovered that it, apparently, wasn't the complete package but only an
>ungrade to a previous posting--some executables appeared missing though there
>was no manifest and basically *zero* documentation.  [...]
	My real question, Does the version on the BBS really include
source?  I got a copy via diskette from uport last fall, and it only had
binaries on it ( plus *roff source for documentation. ) Has AT&T really
released the source to this for all of us to look at?

		Thanks
			Eric

ps.  Relpy by mail, no need clogging the net further..

--
Eric Schnoebelen
John W. Bridges & Associates, Inc.