Question about Make

Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard jay at splut.UUCP
Wed Nov 2 23:12:33 AEST 1988

In article <322 at sdti.UUCP> mjy at sdti.UUCP (Michael J. Young) writes:
>Whenever I try to run 'make' on a makefile that contains nested
>'make' commands, I get a core dump.  Has anyone else observed this
>behavior?  Setting SHELL=/bin/sh doesn't seem to make any difference.
>Is this a bug in 'make'?  What am I missing?

Good question.
I think this is the cause of the failure I mentioned to John Plocher a
few days ago, where I can't get news 3.0 to compile - it uses nested
makes, in part to make the makefile for a subsequent make. It's really
slick, but SV/AT 2.3 throws up all over it (that is, when my system
doesn't double panic first).

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:       uunet!nuchat!    (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.