Process HANGING in 386/Ue

9352 dean at pgthor.UUCP
Wed Apr 19 06:26:03 AEST 1989

I'm having the worst time with a Hayes 2400 external hooked to a Computone
16 port serial expansion unit hanging at certain times.  It seems to be
hanging only at certain undetermined times after someone logs off, or when
someone quits out of kermit.  The problem is that it not only hangs, but it
seems to be un-killable.  I've tried EVERYTHING.  I've tried killing it from
the login-id of who initiated the process, I've tried killing it from su on
a terminal, and from root on the console.  NOTHING works.  The only thing I
can do when this happens is powerdown the machine, and bring it back up.
The hung process makes the Hayes unusable until I power it down, and this is
an unacceptable manner of solving this problem.  Anyone ever had any
experience with these kinds of hung processes?  Please send e-mail if you
know of any possible solutions.
--
Love is a matter of chemistry,
but sex is a matter of physics. 		 Dean Heistad