Microport Status

root at spdyne.UUCP root at spdyne.UUCP
Sat Apr 8 04:42:00 AEST 1989

> In article <315 at uport.UUCP> March 13, 1988, John Plocher writes:
> >Microport isn't [dead,bankrupt,out of business].
>
> As of Monday March 27, those comments of mine are really no longer true.
> Facts:
>     Microport has filed chapter 11

	This is re-org. right?

>     All of the technical staff (Tech support, Engineering) is gone
>         (either other jobs or other job offers)
>    But the company IS still in business.
>
> John Plocher
> (No longer constrained by employer-employee regulations at Microport)

    As of 4/7, (today) they don't seem to be answering their bloody phone
either.  {Opps, Someone just answered after 40 or so rings....}
Not sales staff however...They are gone too I presume....

And I need to setup some sorta TCP/IP to my Novell Lan...
According to Micom [who the doc's from uport say they support], I need to
get some software from Uport in order to run it...Looks like I may be out of
luck unless we all buy them out... [I will kick in a $K or two to that end..]

    -Chert Pellett
     root at spdyne