Microport Status

Eric Schnoebelen eric at egsner.UUCP
Sun Apr 9 05:08:47 AEST 1989

In article <1700017 at spdyne> root at spdyne.UUCP (Chert Pellett) writes:
-> In article <315 at uport.UUCP> March 13, 1988, John Plocher writes:
-> >Microport isn't [dead,bankrupt,out of business].
->
-> As of Monday March 27, those comments of mine are really no longer true.
-> Facts:
->     Microport has filed chapter 11
-
-	This is re-org. right?

	Yes, chapter 11 bankruptcy allows the company to continue
operating while undergoing reorganization, or otherwise working out an
agreement with its creditors.  ( this has been know to last for years
and decades in some industries )

->     All of the technical staff (Tech support, Engineering) is gone
->         (either other jobs or other job offers)
->    But the company IS still in business.
-
-    As of 4/7, (today) they don't seem to be answering their bloody phone
-either.  {Opps, Someone just answered after 40 or so rings....}
-Not sales staff however...They are gone too I presume....

	Well, I too spoke with someone at Microport Friday afternoon.  I
was calling about a driver, but while I was on the phone I asked about
the status of the company.  The gentleman at the other end commented
that there was a big of meeting going on with another possible buyer for
the company.  Things seemed to be looking good at that time ( about 1p
PDT )

-    -Chert Pellett
-     root at spdyne

	On Monday, I am going to call Microport and talk to someone
about the proposed "net" buyout that I have been working on.  I will
keep working on it in case the existing purchaser of Microport backs out
also.

	Comments?  Opinions? Flames? :-)
--
Eric Schnoebelen