Aghast at the Quality? (was: Microport Buyout )

Terry Hull terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Fri Apr 14 01:13:06 AEST 1989

In article <11307 at well.UUCP> tneff at well.UUCP (Tom Neff) writes:
>Finally, why should we expect GNU to get
>"right" whatever it is that all these implementations got "wrong"?

Well gcc produces the fastest code of any C compiler available for
Suns, ggrep is the fastest grep available, and GNU Emacs is as feature
filled and bug free as any Emacs available.  With a track record like
the FSF has put together, I expect their beta release will be higher
quality than some other vendor's finished product.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University