Aghast at the Quality? (was: Microport Buyout )

Tom Neff tneff at well.UUCP
Thu Apr 13 01:17:36 AEST 1989

In article <10317 at cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> tim at cit-vax.UUCP (Timothy L. Kay) writes:
>I am aghast at the poor quality of *all* the 386 Unix's, and I am
>going to be one of the first people to adopt GNU if we ever get the
>chance.

It might be useful if the above quoted poster gave some details here.
"All the 386 Unix's"?  Specifically which ones has he seen?  What does
"poor quality" mean here, and what symptoms of it do "all the 386
Unix's" display?  Does this include SunOS? AIX? AT&T V/386? ENIX?  SCO?
Interactive? Bell Tech?  Finally, why should we expect GNU to get
"right" whatever it is that all these implementations got "wrong"?
--
Tom Neff                  tneff at well.UUCP
                       or tneff at dasys1.UUCP