Options for Microport Users

Bill Kennedy bill at carpet.WLK.COM
Thu Apr 13 08:18:32 AEST 1989

In article <2365 at van-bc.UUCP> sl at van-bc.UUCP (pri=-10 Stuart Lynne) writes:
>In article <12641 at haddock.ima.isc.com> bryanc at haddock.ima.isc.com (Bryan Cote) writes:
[ Bryan mentions ISC 75% credit of money spent on Microport, Stuart replies ]

>I'm lead to understand that SCO has a similiar program. If you have

I can confirm Stuart's understanding, I was able to purchase SCO Xenix
386 as an "upgrade" by sending in the Microport build disk, ditto VP/ix
by sending in the Merge distribution disk.  I thought it was decent of
them and if you're not hopelessly System V hidebound (I am), it's a
decent product.  I don't know if they have extended the offer to the
new UNIX Vr3.2, but that would be an even better deal.  I'm pretty sure
that you have to cut the deal with Santa Cruz, I don't think that their
distributors/dealers can do it.
--
Bill Kennedy  Internet: bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
                Usenet: {texbell,att,killer,sun!daver,cs.utexas.edu}!ssbn!bill