Microport Status, Net Buyout

John Plocher plocher%sally at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 19 05:47:40 AEST 1989

>Written 3:43p Apr 13, 1989 by plocher%sally at Sun.COM (ME)
>| Don't blame ISC for this, it is a Good Thing to have!  Can you spell
>| S E C U R I T Y ?  Yes, I knew you could. :-)

After rereading this I realized I sounded rather snotty.   Sorry, I didn't
mean it that way.  :-(

I also did some more looking into this and it seems that  my off the
cuff answer was a bit off base.  The /etc/default stuff shouldn't be
causing the problem of the password routines logging you off, as it
is program specific.

(BTW - this idea of defaults came from (Gasp) Xenix :-)

Sorry again for such a low quality article.

   -John Plocher

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed