UNIX assemblers and SCO

Andrew ValenciaSeattle vandys at hpcupt1.HP.COM
Fri Feb 17 02:29:31 AEST 1989

/ hpcupt1:comp.unix.microport / mike at cimcor.mn.org (Michael Grenier) /  5:28 am  Feb 15, 1989 /
>I'm currently considering supporting the UNIX 386 market with a
>pascal compiler I have running under Microport V/AT. It will
>generate assembly language output from the compiler which will
>call up the assembler to generate the binary much in the same
>way as pcc does.

	Just a small side note.  You will find that generating object or
even executable code DIRECTLY from the compiler spiffs up overall performance
quite a bit.  Since they're going for object compatibility across all the
unices available for the '386 architecture, it seems like a better place
to hook in.

				Just a though...
				Andy
				...!hplabs!hpisoa1!vandys