Dropping DTR?

Mike Mitchell mdm at cocktrice.UUCP
Wed Feb 1 11:44:22 AEST 1989

In article <461 at oglvee.UUCP> jr at .UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) writes:
>In article <362 at cocktrice.UUCP> mdm at cocktrice.UUCP (Mike Mitchell) writes:
>>I can start a getty running on /dev/ttyM0 and the DTR comes up. When I kill
>>the getty, the DTR drops for a moment and then comes up again. The modem
>>still answers the phone, but there is nothing running to accept logins.
>
>The "book" way of dropping DTR is supposed to be stty 0.  On our Altos 2000
>with Xenix System V I have to do this to zap DTR after a uucico dial-out.  What
>happens when you try
>
>stty 0 </dev/ttyM0

Tried this one second... Doesn't work. However, someone mailed me a script
that they use to hammer on the port. It performs this quite a few times
in order to bash the port into submission. I have not tried the script
as I am looking for something less fiendish.

Does anyone have an alternate device driver available? (If someone needs
a alpha site for a driver to test 16550A's, I have one port equipped with
one.)

--
Mike Mitchell				BELL:	(505) 471-7639
2020 Calle Lorca #43			ARPA:	mdm at cocktrice.UUCP