Pathalias failing on Sys V/AT with much input

John Kennedy johnk at grebyn.COM
Wed Feb 8 12:37:30 AEST 1989

Microport talks a lot in their manuals about special consideration
for the 286's special hardware; they talk about not making assumptions
concerning contiguity of memory acquired by _malloc_.  They talk about
not using _sbreak_, etc.

Does the pathalias source, as distributed, contain any calls that would
upset the System V/AT way of doing things?

When I run pathalias with more than a trivial number of files as input,
I get the message:

	pathalias: Out of memory (-88473600k allocated)
	pathalias: cannot recover!

Does this happen with other users?

Originally I got this error when processing a much smaller number of
input files, but after recompiling with the large model, I was able
to add more input, but not much more.

Please email any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

John