shutting off DTR

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Sat Feb 25 02:10:34 AEST 1989

In article <459 at ramona.UU.NET>, andrew at ramona.UU.NET (Andrew Ernest) writes:
> checking the file systems.  This evening I discovered a simple little
> trick to drop DTR which works on my 2.3 system:
>
> 	stty 0 -hupcl < /dev/ttynn

   I have been having the same problem with V/386 3.0e. When I go to single
 user mode to do system backups the DTR goes out for a moment and then
 comes right back on. Likewise, I have a Hayes SM2400 thats used for
 outgoing calls only. After using CU, the DTR will remain on. I tried the
 above command and it acted like single-user mode; the DTR went out breifly
 and then came back on. However, I tried simply "stty 0 < /dev/ttynn"
 and this turned of DTR and it stayed off! Thanks for the tip. I'll be
 using this during backups to avoid unwanted calls.

						John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john at wa3wbu.uu.net
Marysville, PA 17053             |           Packet: WA3WBU @ AK3P