svbinmail for uport 386 3.0xx

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Mon Jul 24 09:26:21 AEST 1989

In article <8714 at attctc.Dallas.TX.US>, wnp at attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) writes:
> But I cannot for the best of me find anything incompatible with SysVR3
> in svbinmail.c.

As i recall, both for smail(2.5) and for smail(3.1.x), i had to add the -s
option (for specifying subject from the command line) to the getopt() call and
the case statement that follows for it to work correctly on my uPort Sys V
386/3.0e system (as well as att unix, etc).

I believe that was the only incompatibility and really, that was just a bug or
typo (or so i would like to believe, anyway -- although why this well known
omission reappeared in smail(3.1.x) is beyond me)

derek
--
Derek Terveer 	    det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG || ..!uunet!rosevax!elric!hawkmoon!det
		    w(612)681-6986   h(612)789-8643

"A proper king is crowned" -- Thomas B. Costain