Curses bug in V/AT 2.4 - what was i

dpgerdes at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu dpgerdes at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 17 01:02:00 AEST 1989

/* Written  5:19 pm  Jun 13, 1989 by rp at osc.COM in osiris.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.unix.microport */
>/* ---------- "Curses bug in V/AT 2.4 - what was i" ---------- */
>Hi,
>	I remember a couple of months ago that there is a bug in the
>curses support under System V/AT ver. 2.4.  Does anybody remember what it
>was ??  Also, if anybody has a fix for it that would be appreciated.  Please
>either post or e-mail directly to me.

    Don't know about the specific bug you are talking about, but the
code below will die on just about any SysV out there.  The problem, I believe,
is that endwin() does not release allocated memory.

#include <curses.h>
main ()
{
    register int i = 0 ;
    while  (++i)
    {
	printf ("Executing loop number: %d\r", i);
	initscr ();
	endwin ();
    }
}

On V/386 after about 90 some loops I get:

 Sorry, I don't know anything about your 'vt100' terminal.