Interactive (was uport death rumors)

Eric Beser beser at tron.UUCP
Wed Mar 8 00:12:56 AEST 1989

In article <3422 at ima.ima.isc.com>, trb at ima.ima.isc.com (Andrew Tannenbaum) writes:
> In article <1652 at trantor.harris-atd.com> wcurtiss%x102c at trantor.harris-atd.com (William Curtiss) writes:
>
> > [ As a side note, Interactive was recently bought by Kodak. ]
>
> William,
> I can't imagine what your intention is by associating Interactive with
> Microport death rumors.  Our sale to Kodak was completed in July 1988,
> it's not exactly hot news.  With Kodak capital, we aren't exactly close
> to bankruptcy; in fact, if you want some current ISC news, we're buying
> Lachman Associates.  (This is a fact that has been released by us to
> the public, not a secret or a rumor.)  Associating Interactive with
> Microport death rumors is unfounded if not insidious.
>
> 	Andrew Tannenbaum   Interactive   Cambridge, MA   +1 617 661 7474

 I read the previous article, and as an unbiased opinion, I saw nothing
linking Interactive with Microport. To me, being bought by Kodak was
somewhat comforting, knowing that we won't be dealing with a
here today, gone tomorrow business.

Please continue the free flow of information, we see no death threats
for our authors here.

thanks for providing your insights.

Eric Beser
Westinghouse ESG