Internal serial ports under AT&T 3.2

K3UHF ebeser at wb3ffv.UUCP
Sat Mar 4 02:04:56 AEST 1989

In article <396 at intek01.UUCP>, mark at intek01.UUCP (Mark McWiggins) writes:

> I have Enix 3.2 and AT&T 3.2.  I first installed Enix.  Had serial port
> problems.  Couldn't run getty at all on the port; got a flickering DTR
> light and "respawn is happening too rapidly; check this line in your
> inittab."  Couldn't reliably dial out via uucp with my Telebit; sometimes
> it worked (usually just after a reboot), sometimes not.  Kermit mostly
> worked fine, strangely enough, although I noticed that I couldn't change
> line speeds without getting out of Kermit and back in.

I had the same problem with my serial port. The catch-22 was that getty
with a modem expected modem controls. The call to enix solved the problem.
I made a new node with the modem controls. It seems their drivers support
it.

type:

mknod /dev/ttyM00 c 3 128

then respawn /usr/lib/uucp/uugetty ttyM00.

That will work fine.

> So ... I backed up my data and installed AT&T on my big hard disk.  Running
> uucico -x4 I get "lost line - error 0" and finally CALLER SCRIPT FAILED.
> Kermit hangs when I do "set line /dev/tty00".

I still haven't solved this problem. Anyone else?