microport mail(x) program

Henk Dijkstra henk at bebux.UUCP
Fri May 12 06:00:57 AEST 1989

Hi microport users,

I am trying to implement a mailserver. Therefore I will have to try to
feed every received mail item to a shell script. The problem is I don't
know how to do that (automatically), the DEC mailserver uses BSD-style mail
and can have in the /usr/lib/aliases file a pipe to the mail scanning program.
With microport however there is a (ATT-style?) mail wich doesn't work
like that. (Mail forwarding is done differently)
Is there still someting possible to pass every mail item to a program?
Or do I have to implement a more "universal" mailer?
Comming to that has someone already implemented an internet style mailer
under microport Sys V/386... (I would love to be able to use internet addresses
i.o. bang notation.

Thanks for any help,
Henk.

--
Henk Dijkstra	: BETRONIC B.V.			USENET : henk at bebux.UUCP
		: PO-box 4317			 ..{mcvax}!hp4nl!bebux!henk