lp driver for microport unix SYS V

bill vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Sat May 6 23:28:52 AEST 1989

In article <427 at cutsys.UUCP> cutter at cutsys.UUCP (Bernie Hoffstadt (753-1646)) writes:
>In article <102496 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher at sun.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:
>>While I was at Microport I rewrote the lp driver and shipped it to several ..
>>It worked a lot better than the stock one, but ...
>
>And how about all those parallel cards I've tried that cause a delay
>between printing each line under Unix, but work fine under Dos?

Delays in printing are not just a Unix problem.  I have seen it on SCO's
Xenix, 2.3.1 and 2.2.3.  First on an AST 386, latter on an IBM 80.

The AST seems to recover after doing a page or so.  The IBM driving a laser
printer would go into "super slow mode" of 1 page every two minutes.

I suspect it is something in the orignal sources supplied to uPort, SCO, and
probably relates to the re-boot printer problem on Interactive's.  Anyone had
printer problems on a generic AT&T 386 release?

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP