lp driver for microport unix SYS V

Bernie Hoffstadt cutter at cutsys.UUCP
Fri May 5 04:28:05 AEST 1989

In article <102496 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher at sun.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:
>While I was at Microport I rewrote the lp driver and shipped it to several people.
>It worked a lot better than the stock one, but it still had the "cooked" garbage
>in it (backwards compatable - I don't know ANYONE who uses it!)
	(You must use a >80 col. window in your editor :-)

	Does your driver fix the problem whereby if your printer
isn't turned on, but is connected when you boot Unix, /dev/lp refuses
to work?  It will even stop working if I take the printer off line
while it is printing.  Both cases require a reboot to regain functionality.
And how about all those parallel cards I've tried that cause a delay
between printing each line under Unix, but work fine under Dos?  2 out
of 3 cards seem to bring on that symptom.  I'm currently using 386v3.0e,
but had the problems with SysV/AT also.
--
Bernie Hoffstadt   (503) 752-5929 * Internet: cutter%cutsys.UUCP at CS.ORST.EDU
1437 N.W. 9th st.   -or- 753-1646 *   -or-    cutter at jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU