uport BBS lost my DOWNLOAD account! && Any archive/information sites?

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.UUCP
Tue May 2 22:43:53 AEST 1989

In article <290 at tree.UUCP> stever at tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) writes:
>I called the uport bbs yesterday.  It's still up and running BUT they'd
>ERASED MY ACCOUNT *again* (for about the 3rd time)!

I know.  It's happened to me several times.  ** SIGH! **

>WOULD SOMEONE WITH A VALID DOWNLOAD ACCOUNT be willing to send me their
>login information?

Please, me too!  I can supply my serial number if you want.

>house/download source for Microport specific information?  Perhaps a few of
>us could collaborate toward this end?  If we don't start documentingi/archiving
>stuff *now* we are going to be SOL once the participation in this newsgroup
>begins to decline.

I would be willing to allow my home BBS to be used for this.  I've just put
together a BBS based on the article in the June, 1987 Dr. Dobb's Journal.  The
phone number is listed in my signature.

BTW, I only have 1 file available for download (boo!), but it's the 386
assembler document from the Microport BBS (yea!).  It's in the Unix files
section.

Thomas V. Frauenhofer	...!rutgers!rochester!cci632!ccird7!tvf
*or* ...!rochester!cci632!ccird7!frau!tvf *or* ...!rochester!rit!anna!ma!tvf1477
FRAU BBS: (716) 227-8094 2400/1200/300 baud - log in as "new" to register