uport BBS lost my DOWNLOAD account! && Any archive/information sites?

Steve Rudek stever at tree.UUCP
Mon May 1 02:09:26 AEST 1989

I called the uport bbs yesterday.  It's still up and running BUT they'd
ERASED MY ACCOUNT *again* (for about the 3rd time)!  I hadn't called since early
September 1988 and I guess they reinstalled it just after that--of course
every time they reinstalled it they threw out all the accounts and forced
everyone to "reapply" for upload/download privledges.  I have applied AGAIN but
based on what I'm hearing I doubt there is any chance anyone there is
bothering to validate new bbs accounts.

WOULD SOMEONE WITH A VALID DOWNLOAD ACCOUNT be willing to send me their
login information? I'd like to snag as much of the material as I can while I
can.

Is anyone out there making an organized effort to become an archive/clearing
house/download source for Microport specific information?  Perhaps a few of
us could collaborate toward this end?  If we don't start documentingi/archiving
stuff *now* we are going to be SOL once the participation in this newsgroup
begins to decline.

I'd also be interested in participating in an effort to document the purpose
of the misc. files in the various V/AT system directories (/etc, /bin, /usr/bin
and the stuff in /usr/lib).  I don't know how many of these files are
"standard" to System V in general but I do know that an awful lot of them
are not mentioned *anywhere* in the bound documentation.