ESIX

Andrew ValenciaSeattle vandys at hpcupt1.HP.COM
Sat Nov 11 04:09:29 AEST 1989

/ hpcupt1:comp.unix.microport / rho at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Raymond Ho) /  9:47 am  Nov  9, 1989 /
>also some reports claim that ESIX is the fastest Unix Sys V available for pcs.
	That might be an exaggeration.  In general it's pretty snappy, but
then again a 20 Mhz 80386 might have something to do with that.  X11 running
with the 16-color VGA mode is awfully slow, especially when scrolling.  When
you start paging and swapping, system performance really goes down the tubes.

>	Do you know anything about this ESIX? They said it is compatible at
>binary level with Xenix and Unix, is it true?
	I had numerous 80286 binaries from Microport, and they all ran without
a hitch.  From this I'd guess that their compatibility claims are true.

					Andy