Elm/mailx/smail on SysV/AT

Mark Horn horn at rt3.cs.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 17 04:46:32 AEST 1989

In article <997 at kl-cs.UUCP> jonathan at cs.keele.ac.uk (Jonathan Knight) writes:
>From article <1219 at fallst.UUCP>, by tkevans at fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans):
>> that Elm (2.3d, patchlevel 6) crashes with segmentation violations
>
>I have put up elm on a 286 with uPort 2.4 and it always crahes when
>deleting a message at the main menu.  It works fine if you
>are reading mail and hit D.  This has been consistant throught
>ELM 2.2 PL 6-11 and I haven't tried it at any other version.

This must be something particular to your systems.  I have smail2.5, and
ELM2.3dev PL3 running on SysV (AT&T 3b1, software release 3.51) and I have
Yet to experience that phenomenon.  I've had elm since ELM2.2 PL11.

I don't think it's fair to attribute this problem to ELM.

- sparkie
--
p.s.	Please reply to one of the following addresses and NOT the one
	listed above.  Thanks!
ARPA:	madnix!harier!sparkie at cs.wisc.edu
UUCP:	...{harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!harier!sparkie