V/AT2.3 Hard Disk File Size Limit?

Peter McLeod Wilcox pwilcox at paldn.UUCP
Fri Feb 23 04:30:45 AEST 1990

In article <8815 at wpi.wpi.edu>, markc at wpi.wpi.edu (Mark B. Cohen) writes:
> I keep encountering what appears to be an intrinsic file
> size limit on hard disk files:  Any attempt by any program
> to write a file larger than 1,228,800 bytes fails.

My experience is with uPort's SV386, but it may apply here.  One possibility
is the kernel patchable variable "Ulimit".  This specifies the maximum size
of a user writable file in 512 byte blocks.  In SV386 the default is 16k,
giving an 8meg file.  The default may have been set lower in SV/AT.  I find
it interesting that your limit is the same size as the floppy disk . . .
--
Pete Wilcox		...gatech!nanovx!techwood!paldn!pwilcox