Cnews ported to V/AT?

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Tue Feb 13 06:34:43 AEST 1990

In article <+#4:94 at splut.conmicro.com> jay at splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
>I went looking, and found (again) what the problem in making C news on
>System V/AT was. The problem comes because, in large model only, the
>nnfree() and nnafree() macros give the compiler indigestion...
>Expanding the macro by hand resolves the problem...

You might want to look at the new notebook/problems document, which
mentions a compiler problem with nnfree() and friends on the HP Spectrum
machines and gives an alternate version of the macro that seems to clear
it up.  We'd be curious to know if the same fix works on V/AT.

More generally, we welcome reports of specific portability problems, and
fixes to them, for inclusion in notebook/problems.  We won't promise to
fix them, especially when broken compilers are involved, but at least we
can warn people about them.
--
SVR4:  every feature you ever |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
wanted, and plenty you didn't.| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu