Cnews ported to V/AT?

Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard jay at splut.conmicro.com
Fri Feb 16 04:14:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb12.193443.16079 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>You might want to look at the new notebook/problems document, which
>mentions a compiler problem with nnfree() and friends on the HP Spectrum
>machines and gives an alternate version of the macro that seems to clear
>it up.  We'd be curious to know if the same fix works on V/AT.

I've applied the fix; unfortunately, I can't try it yet, since my copy
of the 900117 patch has disappeared. As soon as I finih patching, I'll
let you know how it does.
BTW, you might take the note about System V/AT 2.3 out of there; the
problem in offsetof() appears in 2.4 as well, and is probably generic to
the Microport 286 products.
The fast stdio stuff fails the test on my system as well.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay at splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.