rn for microport?

Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard jay at splut.conmicro.com
Thu Feb 8 01:12:21 AEST 1990

In article <5532 at cetus.UUCP> fred at cetus.UUCP (Manfred W. Prange) writes:
>Has anyone gotten rn to compile under microport 2.4.2? I'm a new
>microport owner, and may not have all the savvy of some of the
>more "experienced" users. If someone has sources they know will
>compile, or knows where they may be found, please share them with me.

The stock rn will compile just fine under System V/AT.  Make sure you
specify large model when Configure asks for compiler and linker flags
(-Ml).  Configure can't find your compiler libraries by itself, so you
need to tell it where to find libc.a: it's in /lib/large/libc.a.
Finally, after you've configured the package, but before you compile it,
edit common.h and change the #define SPEEDOVERMEM to #undef
SPEEDOVERMEM.  This will prevent core dumps when a newsgroup gets an
article number higher than 16384.

Good luck...If you run into problems, drop me a note, and I'll try to
help.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay at splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.