V/AT 286 help with vi and jove

Daniel McKeel dm76+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 25 22:03:04 AEST 1990

HELP!
 Using version 2.3.0 and an Paradise Autoswitch EGA card with a multi scan
monitor.I compiled JOVE and had a working copy,while trying to compile JOVE
4.9 I began to get rather odd behavior from the old version of JOVE.Things
like extra characters random cursor movement,words like -D1232233 in odd
places,and extra blank lines at the bottom of the screen.At times I would
have random words disappear from a line when using ^F to move the cursor.
 Decided to use VI until I got JOVE "fixed" but VI did the same thing,and
also scrolled the file name and number of lines into the body of the file!
What have I done? I looked at stty -a and it seems to be OK,but as I,m new
to UNIX and V/AT in general I,m not sure what could be wrong.All command line
output seems to be OK.Only editor screen output is odd.
Also JOVE did work OK until I tried to compile the new JOVE.
Any pointers at what to look for?
Any ideas as to WHAT HAVE I DONE?
Should I reinstall the system?
GAD!